Any polluted substance in water that disturbs aquatic life especially marine called marine pollution. It has a diverse effect on aquatic life and disturbs them. In this way, aquatic life disturbs. And cannot survive.
Causes of marine pollution
There are the following causes of marine pollution which are given blew.
- Garbage is the main source of marine pollution. This garbage when putting in water like ocean and marine this destroys life there.
- Microplastic and polystyrene are also major causes of marine pollution when mixed with marine water. These substances are used as food for fishes, turtle and mammals so cause huge destruction.
- Similarly, this chemical substance also affected sea birds. Hundred of birds killed annually by oil which causes marine pollution. Injection of fish and mammals, birds also are the causes of marine pollution.
- Waste material of industries is also a mains source of marine pollution. Industries like mainly leather industries play a vital role in marine pollution and affect marine life.
- Drugs and medicine are also major causes of marine pollution. When the material is put in the marine it destroys biodiversity present in marine life.
- In agriculture used sprays are also causes of marine pollution. When the spray bottle used in the spray is put in the river, pond, lakes it disturb aquatic life.
- PCB, DDT which affects the immune system of Indus dolphins.
Control of marine pollution
The following measure should be taken to control marine pollution.
- Industries’ waste should be prohibited to control marine pollution.
- Oil tanker which is the main source of marine pollution the preventive measures should be taken to control this condition.
- Lather industries are the main source of marine pollution. Action should be taken to control the waster products of these industries.
- The use of sprays should be prohibited to control marine pollution.
- Less PCB and DDT should be used.
- The seminars should be held in schools and colleges to give preventive measures to control marine pollution.
- Polices should be taken internationally to control marine pollution. For this purpose, different policies should be taken.
- Garbage should be prevented to put into water storage like ponds and oceans etc.
- Fine and punishment are given to the industries and an authority that causes marine pollution.
- Protection of marine pollution is necessary for any loss which is due to marine pollution. Ocean Pollution: Causes, Effects and Prevention – TDS Blog (texasdisposal.com)