What are Floods
A large amount of water in the areas which disturbs the natural habitat of living things and destroys all the natural processes greatly is known as floods.
Types of floods
1) Rivers floods
The floods occur due to the overflows of water from the surface of the river because of the melting of ice caps, glaciers, rains, and due to thunders which make the lands to much poor.
2) Coastal floods
The floods come in the coastal areas due to the high winds which bellow from the lower level of oceans and rains fall.
3) Islands floods
The floods come due to the high rainfall or overflow of rivers water to the inland areas and the water evaporated continuously for several days which causes islands floods.
4) Flash floods
Impacts of Floods
- Floods destroy the habitat of living things and also cause the landscape of local areas.
- Floods cause pollution and extra nutrients are added.
- Sediments of the soil are disturbed and sometimes remove from their place and the bank of rivers is destroyed.
- The floods change the environmental conditions of animals.
Effect of floods on the environment
- The habitat of wildlife are totally disturbed and also lost.
- Floods cause the erosion of soils.
- The abundance loss of the wildlife of the aquatic animals as well as land animals.
- Too many species of animals habitat is damage.
- The communities of plants are also destroyed.
The political effect
- The problems are caused economically because of floods.
- The conditions of living organisms are totally disturbed.
- The things usually used are to be too much coastally due to floods.
- The service can not provide an emergency.
- The transport system is disturbed.
- Many humans and other animals lose their shelters and live in temporary places.
- Pure drinking water is mixed with the floods water
- The floods cause many diseases; mostly malaria due to the stagnant water floods cholera and malnutrition are also caused by floods.
- Shortage of food is also caused by floods among the people.
- 7 million people are become homeless because of floods.
- Due to floods, up to 60% of our industries are decreased because disturbance.
- The economy is low due to a lot of damage to buildings because of floods.
- The investments in the business are totally lost because of floods.
- A lot of loss of jobs because of floods.
- Daily use things are be costly because of no work due to floods.
- The properties of people are also lost due to floods. https://www.mdpi.com/2073-4441/14/8/1211/pdf https://www.preventionweb.net/files/19820_healthimpactsoffloodsineurope1.pdf https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/268591629.pdf
Measurements for the prevention of floods
- It should be a must to build embankments, dams, and reservoirs for the storage of extra water which causes floods.
- To improve the drainage systems so that floods water not collect on a place and cause damage.
- It should be must to give valuable instructions on the t.v in the news and in newspaper that how the people where floods spread to save their lives.
- It is best that do not to build industries, houses, forms, and hotels near the flooded area means near the rivers.
- It is better that as it is the modern age so we should improve communication and makes special instruments which give us proper information about floods.
- Many birds and insects have a natural ability or sense that when any disaster of nature like floods or earthquakes come so they left the place on which they will not safe because of dangers. so if we train them as when floods or other disaster come they give us information so that we should take immediate measurements to save lives of peoples by transferring them to a safe place.
- Computer-based systems of warnings about the early information of floods.
- Special instructions about the floods to the village people. hoch (europa.eu) https://www.preventionweb.net/files/13076_Flood09.pdf medcraveonline.com/JAMB/JAMB-06-00155.pdf
|↑1||Types_Safety 411.pdf (gwinnettcounty.com)|