Oceanic acidification is the process in which the level of acidity increase in the oceans because of environmental factors.
Causes of oceanic acidifications
- USE of petroleumi.e. deforestation is the one cause of the indirect factor of the environment which causes an increased level of acidification.
- Co2 of the atmosphere is the main cause which largely effect the life of the oceans and increase the oceanic acidification by dissolved in the oceanic water in the form of H+ and HCO3+ so the whole process is called the carbon of the sequestration.
- Ships traveling in the oceans also cause the oceanic acidity.
- Rivers which contains other materials of the industrials also, disturb the environment of oceans.
Effect of oceanic acidification on the process of biology in oceans
When the acidity of the oceans is increased it cause environmental disturbance for the life of the ocean’s organisms by an increase in pollution and temperature.
Many algae and other animals of the oceans which makes the shells from the calcium carbonate which is very hard in nature, but when the acidity of the oceans are increased shells making the activity of animals are to slower than normal routine.
- Many organisms of the oceans can not maintain their metabolisms because of increasing acidity so their metabolic system disturbed, however animals required low temperature or pH for the maintained of their internal body temperature.
- Due to acidification of oceans the co2 level increased in the oceans which are useful for the growth of much oceanic grass. So the grass over grow and reduce the photosynthesis level in the oceans and the resulting loss of the biodiversity of the oceans.
- The elements which are very useful for the growth of the organisms of the oceanic’s elements i.e., iron, phosphorus, and nitrogen because of acidic environments of the oceans.
- When the water of the oceans are more acidic than its minerals attached to the other organic minerals .so the organisms cant use it, because of it the growth rates of the animals are altered.
The acidity of the oceans effects on the neurology of fishes
- The smell of the predators which the fishes cant like are attached to the sense of the fishes which cause loss of the sense organ of fishes.
- When the acidity of the oceans is too much high it effects on the clownfishes which lose their sense of smelling because of it they cant navigate well.
- The sense of smelling of the fishes and the behaviors of the fishes are also disturbed by the acidity of the oceans.
Effects of the acidifications on oceans life
- The shells of the animals are damaged.
- By the continuous increase in oceanic acidifications the life of the oceans is disturbed and the density of life decreased and destroys.
- The food chain of the oceans is also disturbed and destroy.
- The basic structure and the strengthening of the corals are loss by the increased level of the acidification of the oceans.
- Many animals all most all the marine animals cant survives in the environments of the oceans.
- The growth rates and the colonies of the corals are reduced and loss because of the acidity.
Important measurements use to prevents the oceanic’s acidity
- By the process of the afforestation and the reforestations we can decrease the level of acidity of the oceans.
- It is good if we do not use or build the roads near to the oceans because traffic pollutions increased the corbanoxide levels which are latter absorbed by the sea and affected on the oceanic life.
- Managements of the water by Rs three we also control the acidification by decreasing the heaters of the water temperatures we also controls the acidity of the oceans.
- For the maintenance of the oceanic life, it is better to reduce the co2 levels.
- Special marine environments protected areas should be created and save the life of fishes from the acidifications of the oceans.
- If we add the lime carbonates in the oceans than we will reduce the levels of the acidifications.
- To reduced the acidity it is best to add the alkalis in the oceans.
- Grows more trees near the oceanic areas.
- It is good that the industries are covered with green jackets or grow the trees to reduce the industrials pollution and prevents it from entering into the oceans.
- If we should not take immediate measurements for the control or prevention of the acidity in the oceans than it will disturb all economics and global and the community of the local areas of the oceans and also disturb the life of marine ecosystems.
Oceanic acidifications solutions
International programs for the control of the acidifications of the oceans
- To measure the specials instruments in the laboratories and measurement of precision is taken place.
- The modern research and the programs which are makes by the UK acidifications of the oceans.
- The programs of acidifications of the oceans by the national of oceanic and the administrations of the atmospheres.
- Main steps which are taken by the programs are the;
- Awareness to the public about the care and prevention to makes pollutions near to the oceanic areas.
- To make the environment cleans.
- To create some special types of research’s or the techniques which are very useful in reducing the oceanic acidity in the large quantity by short expenses
- To measures the important plains which are helping in the reducing levels of acidity.
- As the oceans are the main source of the aquatic foods for humans and for the other animals which are endangered. oceans provide them shelters. so it is important to clean our oceans by direct method and also indirectly.
- As oceans are the main source of the pearls .but when the oceanic environments are destroyed we will not gain the pearls from the oceans.
- It is our duty that we all take part in cleaning the oceans because it’s the oceans that are helpful in maintaining the environments or balance the environmental conditions.